Back to the Asimptote Software main page>>
Please feel free to contact us for further information>>
With Cycle-Tempo, you can design, analyze, optimize and monitor the thermodynamics of the energy system that you design and operate. Special features include:
- Extensive and validated model library that includes conventional, but above all, innovative systems and components (fuel cells, IGCC, CO2 capture plants, ORC turbogenerators, refrigeration absorption systems, etc).
- Ready-made models of components and even of complete energy conversion systems, so that you can tailor them to your special needs, shortening the model development time.
- Full-featured exergy analysis for the correct optimization of the design and operation of your system.
- Possibility of real-time integration with existing plant-wide data monitoring systems for performance analysis and trouble-shooting.
- Robust and efficient solver for large non-linear algebraic systems of equations, tailored to the special case of mass and energy balances. Our solver proved itself on the most demanding problems.
Converging fluid loops
A common problem when simulating the steady-state operation of a complex energy system is that the many working-fluid cycles cause convergence problems in the simulation. A tedious and lengthy trial and error procedure is then necessary. Even worse, manual solution strategies are often part of the oral tradition within companies. Cycle-Tempo avoids this hassle by offering a very robust and fast algorithm tailored to the specific problem of energy systems. It can handle very demanding situations like the simulation of a complete IGCC power plant with CO2 capture.